2nd Annual Italian Open : Campionato dell'AIC: Mombarcaro Open
Time & Location
About the Event
Gorgeous location in the Italian mountaintops above the Ligurian Sea. You will come to love anchovies!
Mombarcaro Cuneo, Italy
CLICK READ MORE FOR DETAILS
+39 348 883 1647
Dear Cornhole players,
At the beginning of last year, we founded the Associazione Italiana Cornhole, AIC, with the aim of promoting community spirit and cohesion in our small community of Mombarcaro. Our village is located in a breathtakingly beautiful landscape in the "Alta Langa", around 30 km from Alba, around 20 km from Barolo and Barbaresco in Piedmont in Italy. From Mombarcaro you can reach the Ligurian Sea (Savona) in less than an hour, the cities of Genoa, Turin and Milan can be reached quickly.
For 9 months now, around 25 people from the village have been meeting regularly at least once (usually 2-3 times) a week to play cornhole. Every Sunday from 4 p.m. on - in summer -, in winter in the bocce hall under the piazza of Mombarcaro on up to 10 boards.
The AIC-Mombarcaro now has 41 active members, (surprisingly) successfully participated in tournaments at home and abroad, and has already organized several events, including the "Mombarcaro Open 2019", as an open national championship.
On July 19, 2020 we are now hosting the 2nd international tournament, the "Mombarcaro Open 2020", to which we invite Cornhole players from "Outside".
This is the reason why we write to you. We would be very happy to welcome you to our tournament on Sunday, July 19th, 2020 (beginning at 10 am).
We keep the tournament open to all ability classes, after a “blitz round” the game continues in 2 performance groups. "Professionals" or league players can register directly for the upper class.
Sure, the journey to a one-day tournament from Germany seems disproportionately complex, but it is also important to us to make friends and / or partnerships with clubs, associations or communities all over Europe and to initiate a regular exchange.
So maybe you could see the participation in our tournament as a reason to visit Piedmont ....... it is worth a trip.
You can find more information on our homepage (see below). We are happy to answer your questions, help with arrival, accommodation, travel planning ......
We would be delighted to receive your feedback ...
Associazione Italiana Cornhole i.A. Harald TeuberGuarda https://cornhole-italia.eu
19 July 2020, Mombarcaro Open
- Participation in the tournament is possible for all persons over 10 years.
- Individual interested parties have the opportunity to register, but before the start of the competition, they must form (with the help of the AIC) teams of two-person.
- The participation fee is 10 euros per team.
- The top three winners of the tournament will receive a prize. The best participant with residence in Mombarcaro is awarded as "champion of the country".
- The registrations will be made no later than July 15, 2019, at the bar "Circolo Arci Bar La Fonte" in Mombarcaro (open every day from 7th to 23rd), via E-Mail, at "Cornhole. Italia@aol.com ", or “www.facebook.com/aicMombarcaro/” or registration on “cornhole-italia.eu”.
- The tournament starts at 10:00, from 12:00 to 13:30 there will be a break. The end of the competition (depending on the number of participants) will be around 6:30 pm.
- The game mode is set by the tournament management based on the number of participants